This is 2-part fitness event which will consist of a workshop & a full work-out. We will teach, guide, and instruct you on exercises (that use weights, of course!) to do at your own gym.
PART 1: WORKSHOP
Trinity Perkins, personal trainer and performance nutritionist specialist, will discuss the importance of balance and self-care as you work to make fitness part of your busy schedule. During the second half of the workshop, she will 1) provide an overview of macronutrients and how they impact your training results 2) help you calculate your macronutrients 3) help you use your calculated macronutrients to write a personalized one-day meal plan.
PART 2: WORKOUT
Trinity will lead the group through weightlifting exercises that build, shape, and strengthen the glute and leg muscles.
-receive a full 45-minute workout incorporating weight/strength training exercises
-learn how to use weights and machines that target the lower body muscles (glutes, quads, calves, etc.)
-meet other Black Girls Lift members and find an accountability partner
-leave with an understanding of macro-nutrients impact performance and results in the gym
All fitness levels & ages are welcome.
Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
About Trinity Perkins, Owner, Fitness All Ways, LLC:
- Certified by the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) as a Performance Nutrition Specialist
- Certified by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Personal Training
- Graduate of Old Dominion University with a BA in Communications
- Graduate of Kaplan University with a Master of Science in Health Education
- Published freelance writer for media outlets such as LIVESTRONG.com, Shape Magazine online, Prevention magazine online. She also blogs on her business website - www.fitnessallways.com on topics such as nutrition, fitness and lifestyle
About Black Girls Lift:
Black Girls Lift was founded in 2015 with purpose of helping black women meet their health and fitness goals, especially encouraging them to incorporate strength training as integral to overall fitness. Black Girl Lift organizes a wide array of fitness events; including group training sessions, boot camps, nutrition seminars, Lift 101, weight loss and fitness challenges. Black Girls Lift inspires Black women to maintain fitness as a lifestyle and to include a strength training component to their workouts.