About Community Posts
In order to promote community participation, open debate, and facilitate the sharing of fitness-related news, Active Life DC allows members of the local fitness community to contribute posts. We do not vet these posts, and the opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Active Life DC. More information can be found in our Terms of Service. For information on how you can submit a post, visit this page.
- Skip the dressing on your salad. Get lemon juice/ olive oil drizzle instead.
- Swap sodas for water or unsweetened tea.
- Have a big glass of water when cravings hit.
- Have 1/2 of your meal “to go” when eating out before you dig in.
- Nut butters are great healthy fats but make sure they actually contain only nuts (and not sugar or corn syrup).
- Blend a frozen banana to create figure friendly “ice cream” instead of getting the REAL deal. The REAL deal will make your behind REAL big.
- Always choose whole grain/ whole wheat over white
- Either a glass of wine or a small dessert… Never both
- Skip the sauce, any kind of sauce … Sauce equals fat and sugars.
- Limit dairy, try unsweetened almond milk instead it’s delish
Read more of Marina's calorie-cutting tips on her GET LEAN LIFE blog.