About Community Posts
In order to promote community participation, open debate, and facilitate the sharing of fitness-related news, Active Life DC allows members of the local fitness community to contribute posts. We do not vet these posts, and the opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Active Life DC. More information can be found in our Terms of Service. For information on how you can submit a post, visit this page.
We are not as resilient as we were during our teenage years! We can’t beat up our bodies during our workouts and maintain poor postures throughout the day without experiencing the negative effects!
The only corrective solution – put in more work by applying the appropriate stretching/mobility/rest needed to balance out our bodies!
Below I have provided you with some of my favorite Mobility Tips from my personal YouTube site. For more tips follow me on twitter @BonneyKaren and online at www.KarenBonney.com
1. Don’t neglect your inner thighs! The adductors are often tighter than you know and never get any attention when it comes to stretching.
2. Unfortunately for most, the majority of each day is spent in a seated position! The hip flexors are another key area of tightness that can lead to a plethora of other chronic pains.
3. Did you know the Hamstring muscle group crosses two joints! Don’t forget to play with the knee angles to improve your hamstring stretch!
4. Whether you think you have tight calves or not, make sure you address each muscle belly within the calves (there are two!). Play with the knee angle to direct your stretch more precisely!
5. The way you stand can truly cause musculoskeletal imbalances. Work on your perfect posture when standing at work, standing in line at the store, or standing on the metro!
Please don’t hesitate to contact Elite Performance and Rehab for questions or to schedule an initial evaluation!
1111 14th Street NW, Washington DC 20005