About Ivan: "Ivan is an NSCA certified personal trainer with over 15 years of experience in the fitness world. Ivan specializes in functional training and he works with his clients online and in small groups. His experience as a life long athlete continues to mold his training style; Working with Ivan is sure to bring out your own inner athlete. Follow him on Ivanblackfitness.com, Instagram: @ivanblackfitness and Twitter: @ivanblackfit"
Ivan was kind enough to answer some questions for us in the latest edition of our Featured Trainer segment.
1. Share a little about your fitness background. How did you become a personal trainer? How long have you been a trainer?
I've been a trainer for over 6 years and I got into a training because sports ended and I wanted to continue to be involved in the athletic world.
2. What makes your approach to personal training unique?
I know what's effective, I train hard and I have excellent experience but the main reason is because I obsess over the details of your training.
3. If you could change one behavior you see in your clients, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite place in Washington D.C. to exercise outdoors?
The mall is always a great place to get it in! Something about being around all of the history is really inspiring.
5. What is your favorite exercise and why?
The burpee....it does the complete job. One move that covers all the bases.
6. You also teach small group classes at Reformation Fitness. Tell us about those classes and who would be best suited to attend.
Many have come and been successful and continue to train at the studio. Many different backgrounds, but the ones that get the most out of the training are the ones that are truly interested in getting better at their training.
7. Please share one simple diet tip our readers can incorporate into their daily routine.
Cut out the processed sh$t!
8. What do you like most (and least) about being a trainer?
I love touching peoples lives and making a difference daily. The hours could be better though.